Personal Data Policy – compassplatform.eu
- version 1 - 07.05.2021 -
Who are we?
SC Predict CSD Consulting SRL, based in Romania, Arad, 26 Caransebeș Street, CIF 19046173, as an operator of personal data, according to the REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation – GDPR)
Data collection is carried out with your consent.
What data do we collect from the users of our learning platform?
The data you are asked to provide when creating your user account will be processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, upon receipt of your consent. These are: surname, first name, email, phone number, city, country, time zone, description, photo, hobbies, date of birth, expectations regarding the learning platform, number of previous courses attended, how you found out about our courses, belonging to any disadvantaged groups / fewer opportunities (optional) etc.
Moodle platform also gathers some other data from you in order to deliver you learning content:
• Messages you send us;
• Your progress: modules and sections you accessed, when you did it, your score, comments etc.;
• Time spent on studying the materials, periods in which you accessed the content, duration etc.;
• We have no access to the format in which your password is saved;
• IP address, browser, general geo-localisation of the device used to navigate/authenticate as a registered user.
Providing these data is necessary in order to access the modules as a registered user. Should you choose not to provide these data, you can only access the Preview sections which require no registration.
Based on the navigation data provided by you, your user experience can be enhanced by using filters.
You can set up your personal account so as to choose which piece of information will be visible to other users of the platform within the modules you enrol to. (https://compassplatform.eu/user/profile.php?id=3)
Parental consent is required for underage users to register on the platform.
Using collected data
The data we collect from you is used for:
• Sending messages regarding the modules/courses on the platform, as well as their follow-up;
• Communication regarding your progress on the platform, badges received, certificates issued;
• Delivery of educational content;
• Designing new modules, courses, games, manuals etc.;
• Creating relevant statistics for the learning process;
• Scientific research.
Duration of data processing
Your registration/ subscription and the use of your data are valid until you withdraw your consent by deleting your account. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Once you register on the platform, you can exert your rights as mentioned in the REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 by sending an email to email@example.com.
Your rights are:
• Right of access by the data subject;
• Right to rectification;
• Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’);
• Right to restriction of processing;
• Notification obligation regarding rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing;
• Right to data portability;
• Right to object;
• Right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority and before the competent courts of the Member States in accordance with Article 79, and to obtain redress and, where appropriate, compensation for a breach of the binding corporate rules.
Who can access the data when transferred outside the scope of UE/SEE
The information introduced when registering is stored on secured systems which can be accessed by the organisation’s personnel with responsibilities in the matter. Moreover, data are used on automated email/short message platforms, such as Mail Chimp, Moodle, Google Inc., web/web design providers that ensure adequate protection as stated in their terms and conditions. For instance, Mail Chimp uses this policy: http://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy. relevant data can be stored in Australia through Moodle learning platform.
When requested by financers or auditors of the Erasmus+ programme, as stipulated in the financing contract, we will provide them with relevant data.
We do not reveal or sell your data, they will be used solely for the educational purpose presented above.
We take measures to store your data securely, accessible only to authorised persons.
Should you wish to have your account erased from the platform, request it in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updating the policy regarding personal data processing
We want to permanently improve the way in which we collect and process the data on the platform, so the present policy may be updated regularly. We recommend you come back and check possible updates. We will always mention the date of the latest update.
We thank you for your interest and invite you to participate in our courses.
Predict CSD Consulting Team